DR. ELIJAH CHINGOSHO SET TO RETIRE FROM AFRAA
(Posted 03rd May 2017)
Now in his 6th year as Secretary General of AFRAA, the Nairobi based African Airline Association, will Dr. Elijah step down as Secretary General at the end of his current term of office to pursue other interests.
The organization, which brings together 37 key African airlines and is a relentless advocate to facilitate the airlines of the continent better by their respective governments, stages regular conferences to highlight both the challenges and opportunities which exist for the aviation industry in Africa.
The organization describes its Vision, Mission and Objectives as follows:
"To be the leader and catalyst for the growth of a globally competitive and integrated African airline industry"
"To serve African airlines, promote and protect their common interests"
The recast AFRAA objectives are as follows :
- To facilitate the establishment of industry best practices in safety and security
- To be the repository of data and its analysis focusing on key issues in the aviation sector.
- To provide a platform for consensus building among member carriers.
- To facilitate joint projects between member airlines aimed at reducing their costs and increasing their revenues.
- To actively contribute in human capital development.
- To interact with the regulatory bodies to support and protect the common interests of all African airlines.
- To provide forums for members and industry partners to enhance their knowledge base and enhance mutual cooperation.
- To facilitate the development of environmental policies in keeping with industry best practices
- To reflect the positive image of the African airlines worldwide.
AFRAA has several ongoing projects aimed to save cost for member airlines such as cooperation in fuel purchases, joint ground handling and similar initiatives all put into place by Dr. Elijah’s administration since he joined AFRAA in 2011.
It is understood that applications for the post of Secretary General with location in Nairobi / Kenya, will be received until the 22nd of May.