(Posted 05th December 2016)
oneworld® has been named the world’s best airline alliance again in two separate industry award schemes – the World Travel Awards, aka the Oscars of the Travel Industry and Business Traveler North America.
These latest wins consolidate oneworld’s position as the world’s most highly prized alliance – coming just days after it retained its Best Airline Alliance title in Global Traveler magazine’s 2016 GT Tested Reader Survey, for the seventh year in a row.
It means that oneworld is now the current holder of six different “world’s best airline alliance” titles – as many as all other airline alliances combined.
It is the 14th year running that oneworld has received World Travel Awards’ World’s Leading Airline Alliance title – and the second year in a row that Business Traveler North America has named oneworld Best Airline Alliance in its Best in Global Travel Awards.
Other awards currently held by oneworld include:
- FlightStats’ On-Time Performance Award 2015 for the third time running.
- Business Traveller’s 2016 Best Airline Alliance, for the fourth year in a row.
- Premier Traveler’s Best of 2015 Awards – for the third year consecutively.
oneworld is an alliance of some of the world’s leading airlines, committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. They include airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LATAM Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, and around 30 affiliates. As part of oneworld, these airlines:
- Serve more a thousand airports in 150 plus countries, with 14,000 daily departures.
- Carry some 550 million passengers a year on a combined fleet of 3,500 aircraft.
- Generate US$ 130 billion annual revenues.