GULF COOPERATION COUNTRIES WORK HAND IN HAND TO STRENGTHEN AVIATION SECURITY
(Posted 15th November 2016)
GCC customs, police and ministries of interior are on the look-out for innovative screening and detection technologies to help strengthen borders and prevent illegal movement of goods and personnel. With the expansion of ports and airports in the region, it is now becoming more important than ever for customs and police authorities to deploy effective detection and screening technologies to prevent cross-border crimes.
In light of this, we have developed a report on “UAE’s cargo and baggage screening technology investments” highlighting the current and future security needs of UAE port and airport operators to prevent a wide range of criminal and terrorist threats in the region.
Download this report now to gain insight into:
- The latest screening and detection technologies being deployed at ports and airports
- Advantages and limitations of various screening and detection technologies
- An overview of the latest tracking and tagging technologies for cargo security
- Recent and upcoming cargo screening investments in the UAE
Interested to know more about latest innovations in screening and detection technology to enhance security across sea, land and air?
Join us at the Cargo and Personnel Screening Conference
taking place between the 20th and 21st of February 2017 in Dubai, UAE, to meet with the GCC’s leading security officers and officials including:
- H.E. Ahmed Mahboob Musabih, Director General, Dubai Customs
- H.H. Brigadier Mohamed bin Tahnoon Al Nehayan, Head of Ports and Security, Abu Dhabi Police
- Linda Ristagno, Manager – Cargo Border Management, International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Mazen Al Homsi, Manager – Cargo, Gulf Area and Yemen, International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Falah Khalil, Senior Manager Passenger Operation – Terminal 2, Dubai Customs
- Huda Belhoul, Director of Operation and Customs Control Department and Chief Innovation Officer, Federal Customs Authority
- Nicoletta Mazzoleni, Senior Aviation Security Policy Specialist, AVSEC Policy, Regulations and Planning, General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA)
- Franz Prutsch, Senior Regional Immigration and Border Management (IBM) Specialist, International Organisation for Migration
- Dawood Mohamead Alzarooni, Information Analysis Section Manager, Customs Intelligence, Dubai Customs
- Wil van Heeswijk, DG Taxation and Customs Union, Unit B2 Risk Management and Security, European Commission (awaiting final confirmation)
Exclusive discount for Airport World subscribers!
Book online with your credit card before Thursday, 01st of December to save 10% off the standard price. Please use your promo code 28041.001_AirportWorld_EM1 when registering. Or email us at enquiry for more information about how you can participate.