MARK 12TH TO 14TH OCTOBER FOR THE MAGICAL KENYA TRAVEL EXPO
(Posted 06th May 2016)
During a recent meeting with the AG. CEO of the Kenya Tourism Board, Mrs. Jacinta Nzioka, was among other points the next edition of the Magical Kenya Travel Expo discussed and high on the agenda.
It was revealed that this year’s event will return to the revamped Kenyatta International Convention Center in Nairobi and be staged between the 12th and 14th of October.
The theme chosen for the 2016 edition was revealed as ‘Tourism for all: Explore Endless Travel Possibilities‘.
The MKTE website, it was pointed out, is fully operational and can be accessed via www.mkte.co.ke
Of equal importance is the annual hosted buyer programme which is open since yesterday for expressions of interest and will remain open until the 15th of June.
Tourism stakeholders in Kenya are now able to nominate, what they think are suitable invitees with the capacity to bring new business to the country, via http://mkte.co.ke/buyregister.php for an online registration / nomination form.
All such nominations will be vetted and successful nominees then be informed when final approvals have been secured, not later than 30th of June.
Unlike last year will hosted buyers not be able to select their own itineraries for invitational familiarisation tours but be matched according to their profile and the specific market segments they promote, for instance high end luxury safaris, volume operations, adventure, culture, history, sporting or simply beach experiences.
Meanwhile are companies interested to exhibit at MKTE 2016 invited to register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline is also set for the 30th of June.
Eligible for nomination among hosted buyers are the following categories:
· Wholesale agents (wide distribution networks, branches in different cities, countries)
· Trade who stopped selling Kenya in the last few years and would be interested to start selling once again
· Trade who sell Africa but not necessarily Kenya
· Upcoming trade who are aggressively pushing new destinations and new segments that the destination can grow arrivals from
· Trade who sell Kenya but have not had a chance to visit the destination
· Where a market has a large percentage of travel agents – those that package/select destination to sell are to be selected